Monday 11 February 2013

St Martin in the fields

Each year, the Transport for London hosts a Christmas Carols event in the beautiful church of St Martin in the Fields near Trafalgar Square.

This is the second time  I am taking part in the Festival of Carols, and since my voice has not improved that much in the last five years, I have been once again listening in silence to the lovely choir and audience (I did lose it a bit on silent night, but only because my boyfriend's "crooner wanna be voice" was covering mine).

Jessica was there too, and looked confused at the repertire; clearly, carols must be quite different in Sweden. But I'm sure I am speaking for both of us when I'm saying that, even from an expat point of view, the night is really worth the tiny £3 we had to pay for the souvenir programme. Admission is free.

Before heading to dinner, I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with one of the organizer (lucky as this chap seems to be a pure rock star in the community, people interrupting us every couple of minute to remind him to meet them at the pub after, and there you still wonder what I love about this country!)







No comments:

Post a Comment